Camp Gilead Memorial Day 5k River Run

On Monday, Memorial Day, the kids and I packed up bright and early for the trek out to Camp Gilead in Carnation, Washington. The weather was a little bit miserable (shocking!) but the excitement out at Camp far exceeded any dreariness that normally accompanies the rain.
My oldest son, Lincoln, and my mom ran the 5k together and it sure made this momma's heart proud to see him turn up the heat at the end and screech across the finish line. From my perspective everything went smoothly and it really was an privilege to be out there with my camera capturing some of the fun moments. The highlight for me has to be when my children saw the Genesis Ann logo on the race shirt and proclaimed it to be the best looking logo on there! (Thank you Julie!!) ;)
We are already looking forward to next year!


 
 
 
 

Leave a Reply